We are excited to be highlighting the winners from this year’s RAVE (Rockstar Awards Virtual Edition).
A reminder to everyone that there is still time to sponsor advocacy perks for Rockstars for our Rockstar Fundraiser!
GSA Link is the recipient of the Organization of the Year Award
This award is given to an organization who distinguishes themselves in the following ways:
- Outstanding and continued development of youth-guided programs and practices.
- Recognized as a leading organization in engaging and promoting youth voice in all levels of the organization.
- Outstanding implementation of authentic youth engagement as is evidenced in written policies and procedures, presence of youth on governing authorities, and as reported by young people in program.
- Outstanding commitment to youth engagement as is evidenced by efforts among others to ensure youth are fully integrated into work.
- Outstanding and continued support of a recognized chapter of Youth MOVE National as evidenced by the creation of a positive partnership between youth and adults/parents.
Now, let’s learn a little bit more about the Rockstars at GSA Link!
Founded by Melissa Clark and her son Ryan, GSA Link is a 501c(3) organization that aims to connect, empower, and inspire LGBTQ+ youth. With LGBTQ+ youth often being subject to violence, marginalization, alienation, and rejection from a variety of sources, including their family members, peers, teachers, strangers, and the media, community and mentorship is vital. With this in mind, Melissa and Ryan decided more needed to be done, and started GSA Link to become the link that connects, in an effort to help to support and inspire LGBTQ+ youth.
GSA Link connects our youth with LGBTQ+ peers and adult mentors to collaborate, share ideas, develop mutually positive relationships and build community in a safe space. Through one-on-one and group centered meetings, workshops, events, education, resources, volunteer and internship opportunities, we support and empower our youth in centering their voices. We aim to create spaces for our youth to flourish while developing multiple networks of support and empowering each other to be their most authentic selves.
The community and relationships built will ultimately help the youth involved in our program to better navigate challenges they may face in identity exploration, coming out, and breaking down internalized messages of hate. This may also assist in developing self-advocacy skills, and in identifying their passions.
At our core, we value creating spaces where lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, and queer people come together as a community surrounded by people and opportunities invested in their success, growth, and identity development. Our team and members are making real, lasting change where it matters. GSA Link continues to strive to be the link that connects LGBTQ+ youth with each other, adult mentors, and the link between now and a better future.
Follow GSA Link on social media:
Thank you GSA Link for being a Rockstar!